Sunday 1 July 2018

All the Old Nature Lovers?


George Monbiot is the latest enthusiast of the natural world to note, from his life-time perceptions, that things have gone rapidly downhill in the UK since his childhood (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/29/natural-world-disappearing-save-it). I don't think that this is entirely looking back 'with rose-tinted glasses'. My series of posts on 'Seeing the Changes' was intended to start documenting some of this decline (albeit concentrating on a tiny, 'local' area and, thus far, only over 6 or so years). But I think it is possible to see changes in the species observed and the times of the year they first become apparent. As I have already commented, no caterpillars seem to eat nettles nowadays here!

No comments:

Some of My Favourite Pictures of Lepidopteran Larvae

Caterpillars of moths and butterflies from the UK and India