Tuesday, 10 April 2018

Red Hot!


Eating can become dangerous? A competitor who ate a ferocious Carolina reaper chilli pepper ( 2.2m on the Scoville heat scale) was reportedly hospitalised with 'thunderclap' headaches (https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/09/competitive-eater-taken-to-hospital-after-eating-worlds-hottest-chilli-pepper). Although he recovered, strokes have apparently followed the ingestion of chillis (the peppers seem to have effects on the blood supply to the brain).

No comments:

Seeing the Changes 1333

Visited , in Loughor, by a slightly battered Swallowtailed moth ( Ourapteryx sambucaria ).