Wednesday 26 August 2015

A Name For It?


I have never been able to envision things in my 'mind's eye' and do not have visual dreams. In spite of this I have had a reasonably successful career in the behavioural sciences with much of my work based on video images of animals. I am also not too bad at 'putting names to faces', so long as the viewing gaps are not too long. Having scored a measly 9 out of 40 on a test (https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1CAACAG_enGB592GB592&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=BBC+mind's+eye), it looks like I have a condition now termed 'Aphantasia' (which is not an aversion to Disney but I willingly admit to that also). It does suggest that I remember things in a different way from most folk and could account for my enthusiasm for digital photography (it's like having an electronic mind's eye).

No comments:

Plants We Used to Use 469. Water mint

As with other mints, Water mint ( Mentha aquatica ) leaves, can be added as flavouring to cooking and drinks. They also produce a herbal &#...