Saturday 28 November 2020

These Are a Few of My Unfavourite Things

I appreciate that the 'photo opportunity' is a venerable institution. It is, however, a lazy option. I find myself getting increasing incensed by politicians 'dressing up' as scientists, Bob the Builder, millitary tank drivers or waiters in restaurants. It wouldn't matter too much, if they looked half-way convincing in their selected roles. The politicos generally look, however, like fancy dress wearers on a pub crawl. The above incarnation is one of the very worst. Donning a white lab coat and demonstrating a total lack of physical competence with pipetting equipment, says nothing at all about the requirements of science. I wouldn't have employed such a 'cack-handed' individual in any laboratory that I have ran.

No comments:

Plants We Used to Use 469. Water mint

As with other mints, Water mint ( Mentha aquatica ) leaves, can be added as flavouring to cooking and drinks. They also produce a herbal &#...