Sunday 18 July 2021

Murmurings of Mortality

Whenever I read about President Joe Biden, I'm always told his presidency is precarious because he's 78! That is only a year older than me but I don't feel precarious. Just to remind myself of the passing years, by going back. Me on 77th birthday, in Gangtok, Indian Himalayas aged 70, with a swan in Dorset aged 65, drinking wine in France at 59, being scientific at Swansea University aged 51, with an Eagle owl at 45, running in Llanelli at 40, as a new staff member at Swansea University aged 29, with an experimental mouse aged 28, as a school child in Manchester aged 11 and as a baby in 1945. Hope to be going a bit longer!

1 comment:

Paul Brain said...

The only consistent trend I can see, is that I get less cute as I get older. Probably the same for all?

What's In a Critter's Name? 29. Leopard

The English name 'Leopard' comes from the Old French 'leupart'. This ultimately derives from Ancient Greek, perhaps a compl...